2007 Year in Review
Coordinated the re-design and engineering of the waterslides to reduce the size and cost on all projects going forward.
Directed the research of the new showerhead to be used in our facilities.
Coordinated the Electrical Lighting changes to be made in our clubs for the 2007 projects.
Worked with EP to review all lighting supplier and create a uniform lighting schedule.
Removal of all outdoor play structures.
Began the creation of Owner Procured Subcontractor and Vendor site readiness procedures for the project site to have ready before their scope of work starts.
Review and Analysis costs of wall panelization on three story projects.
Estimating and Owner Procurement objectives for 2007;
- Assign the projects for now as follows based on our current roles
Blake Benedict, has been assigned to us as administrate support to estimating, performing owner procured contract and change order processing, assembling reference bid data (bid books) Julee Taylorour contract estimator is responsible for the urban prototype, all SPCN’s, and bulletins
- Roger Hendrickson is responsible for suburban prototype, related bulletins, remodel construction estimates, research of new owner procurement, and the projects listed below
- I am primary responsible for Owner Procurement (and team support to all projects under construction), development of preferred subcontractors, and new and acquisitions projects under investigation, summit construction budgets,
Presented new café design changes created by David Fhima to BA and obtained approval to proceed.
Coordinate new café changes with David Fhima, Architecture, Consultants and FCA Construction.
Begin direct purchase of Duct Sox with
Obtain accurate Division one costs from Accounting and incorporate in budget.
Create baseline Schedule of Values for all projects being estimated in 2007, distribute to senior management and obtained approval.
Begin research and discussions with
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for
Coordinated changes to Grey Water system with our vendors
Implement new CPI electrical integrated panels in all clubs from
Analysis costs associated with changes to Electrical lighting and café.
Negotiations with Dakota Plumbing for their work on multiply projects
Created estimating check list for use by design, development, and civil engineering.
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for Charlotte, and Collierville.
Participated in analyzing, managing and explaining the club's growth and the costs
Presented to BA mechanical design, engineering and energy management proposed changes and obtained approval to proceed
Directed the research into Modular wiring for prototype.
Directed the resolution of the color issues with the Legacy Lockers.
Influenced the revisions to the drawings to include the new electrical lighting changes.
Identified serious discrepancies in the MP&E drawings at NW San Antonio.
Direct research in to epoxy floor covering for the mechanical areas.
Directed field staff at the
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for
Met with LTF Engineering, EP,
Updated progress on research of Squash courts design and construction.
Completed partnership with
Presented new changes to Eldorado climbing walls to BA and had approved, reducing the cost per project by $50K.
Create zip code analysis for 08054, submit for reference.
Qualified new restaurant equipment supplier and arranged introduction to David Fhima
Stopped all owner procurement buyout for
Directed field staff at the
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for, Collierville, St,
Directed design and development of the Chanhassen stair 120 changes.
Requested complete review of current submittal procedures.
Directed inquiring into
Directed field staff at the Lakeville and
Resolved long outstanding discrepancy in pool depth versus waterslide manufacture recommended depth.
Established partnership with auto belay manufacturer with LTF recommendation and approval. Sent documents to LTF for review.
Began research into Rockville budget.
Informed management there was a potential problem with the management of the Deerfield and Ellisville projects.
Provide construction with information on Innovent units.
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for Collierville.
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for Rockville at 7mil.
Directed field staff at the Deerfield project to replace missing and or lost/stolen items that were not verified as being received by delivery slips when originally delivered to the project site.
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for Centennial, Summerlin.
Personal Note: Lead crew to the Philmont Scout Ranch and Trekked over seventy miles in the wilderness of New Mexico including climbing three 12,000 foot mountains in one day.
Requested review of all delivery procedures for field staff, due to recent loss of Owner Procured materials on projects opened to date in 2007.
Questioned raised about Project Management:
- Why does Project Management not review their drawings, should they not be aware of all of the information contained in the construction documents?
- Why is project management questioning owner procurement for design changes, clearly our consultant have specified different units for this project?
- Submittals were reviewed and approved why was this not questioned during the review process? Lighting submittal was approved, was this not reviewed?
- Did project management not read the email about Sylvania and the agreement that was reached between LTF/FCA and Sylvania?
- Does project management not keep copies of all Owner Procured contract approval forms?
- Do they not review any of this information?
Jeff Marek, is it not the responsibility of Project Management to estimate bulletins?
- Per BA Project Management is responsible to negotiate all bulletins before work commences.
- Is estimating to understand this email from contract administration that we are not to accurately report changes made by bulletins, as we have reviewed the current SOV’s and they do not clearly reflect this information?
- Are we to assume from this email that we will receive no accurate accounting of bulletins from Project Management?
Coordinated the relocation of the signs at Minnetonka due to road construction.
Created and reviewed Summerlin parking structure estimate.
Directed the changes to provide metering of all utilities at our new projects.
Coordinated changes to the water feature wall.
Created, reviewed and had approved summit budgets for Westminster.
Personal Note: I was honored to be on the Leave No Trace International Staff as a Master Educator/Instructor at the 2007 World Jamboree.
Job description changed without supporting documents.
As requested I am bringing this to your attention to review. Our teams are accepting deliveries on site without verifying the contents by auditing the deliveries, and they are not securing them once received. When our teams discover items are missing and or damaged they fail to communicate this information by not reporting directly to Owner Procurement.
Visited Parker project, Directed site with Kitchen equipment MP&E rough in locations, and Owner Procurement questions.
During my site visit, we resolved the following items;
- We ordered two new 3’0” x 3”6” x 7 ¼” skylight access doors, frames and hardware, as the existing one was 3 5/8”.
- Ordered a new frame for 208, as it could not be found.
- We gave Ben a hard copy of all of the OP supplied subcontractors.
- Innovent unit is arriving next week.
- Exterior climbing wall is about to start waterproofing and insulation issues that the city had raised have been resolved.
- Boiler need to be ordered.
- Limestone, Slate and Ceramic tile has been delivered to the site, this need to be audited.
- Light fixtures need to be audited.
- Waterslide footings are shown as drilled pier with 15 foot embed in bedrock. I contacted
Doug Pellockabout this and asked him to let me know if he needs my assistance to resolve this.
Review and made recommendations for corrections to tile and granite specifications.
I will be Controller for Tile and Granite division.
Met with David Fhima and make recommendations for who will supply restaurant equipment on what projects for 2008/2009, sent this information to Architecture.
Directed repairs to Overland Park water features.
Visited South Austin project, Directed site with Kitchen equipment MP&E rough in locations, and Owner Procurement questions. Started obtaining tile that had not been ordered for this site.
During my site visit to South Austin I was made aware of the following items;
- One waterfall tank was fabricated the depth should have been minimum of one foot to allow for the pump and store of the water when the pump is off to prevent overflow.
- There were no other tanks for the other two waterfalls installed. We offered to provide these and we were informed that they were handled.
- I questioned if there was an issue with the exterior pool gate hardware, and received an answer back that there was not.
- Became aware of the tile issues and that by now they should be resolved. We are working on a master order spreadsheet based on the prototype tile specifications.
- Lennox had shipped the sensors to the jobsite on March 12, and during my visit I was requested to obtain a replacement order as these could not be found, order was placed and scheduled to arrive today. In the future these will be shipped directly to UHLco, and be their responsibility.
- Café layout on A4.1 Bulletin #5 is not the most resent correct layout.
- A wood cover will be need for the CPI panel I the salon hallway, if we install like San Antonio did a door and frame will not be necessary, only a cover.
- There were multi hollow metal frames left on the site, and I have instructed Girtman to remove these. Specking with Gordon they made several field changes to the order.
- The site is experiencing light fixtures being miss-placed; JPR has been challenged to replace them on short notice, causing us to incur additional change orders and overnight shipping charges.
- Field is obtaining fire extinguisher cabinets, I offered assistance and was told it was handled. We will on future project obtain these through Girtman as part of the hardware package.
- Jim Hill and I had an excellent discussion about field communications.
- Deliveries of materials to the site and subsequent auditing and notification of discrepancies needs improvement.
Directed with action plan for Anderson Courts at Gwinnett project
Assisted David Fhima with revisions to Bistro/Oasis
Created tile ordering spreadsheet to list all products used in our clubs.
Begin resolution of outstanding Owner Procured accounts dating back to Plano, TX the subcontractors that are owned are;
Airmist Sauna and Steam in excess of $125K
Girtman Hardware in excess of $ 250K
Design-tex Wallcovering in excess of $ 50K
Lennox in excess of $ 1M
Premier Restaurant in excess of $ 300K
Directed field staff at the South Austin project to replace missing and or lost/stolen items that were not verified as being received by delivery slips when originally delivered to the project site.
Obtained all Owner Procurement close out documents on behalf of Project Management for South Austin to obtain Certificate of Occupancy
Attempted to provide assistance to Project Manager of Ellisville project to process outstanding Contract Approval Documents.
Directed field staff at the Gwinnett project to replace missing and or lost/stolen items that were not verified as being received by delivery slips when originally delivered to the project site.
Arrangement to terminate and replace tile subcontractor at Parker project.
Met with Cooper Lighting to review modular wiring on Woodstock.
Met with Dal Tile in Dallas to discuss and negotiate purchasing tile products for 2008.
Met with LTF engineering, our consultants, UHLCo to discuss and resolve South Austin Commissioning.
Met with Senior Project Management and requested field staff follow FCA procedures for Deliveries, to avoid unnecessary losses on projects.
Resolved Mapei product (epoxy grout) failure at one of the remodels.
Directed David Jamison with completing Lakeville tile division punch list.
Arranged to meet with every Project Manager on every Monday till the end of the year to discuss:
Fifteen Minute Agenda:
Review Contract Administration (five minutes);
· Give contract approval forms to Project Manager to sign and return within one week.
· Receive signed contract approval forms from Project Manager to send to Contract Administration.
· Receive Owner Procured Vendors or Subcontractor change orders from Project Manager to review, sign and forward to Contract Administration.
· Review all details and arrangements for Owner Supplied Vendors or Subcontractor with Project Manager who will communicate with site team.
Submittals (five minutes);
· Received from Owner Procurement vendors or subcontractors forwarded to Project Manager for processing
· Review submittal approval log with Project Manager.
Deliveries and installations (five minutes);
· Review Owner Procured will review all delivery and installation schedules with the Project Manager
· Project Manager to track delivery times and scheduling of Owner supplied items.
FCA Construction Performance Incentive Plan Owner Procurement Division
Wrote the Owner Procurement Key Performance Measures and clearly identified the following five indicators;
- The first role and responsibility of Owner Procurement is to represent the Owner (LTF/FCA) in directing the procurement of the owner supplied materials and subcontracted installations as defined by plans and specifications.
- The second role and responsibility of Owner Procurement is to negotiate the best possible pricing for the procurement of the owner supplied materials and subcontracted installations as defined by plans and specifications.
- The third role and responsibility of Owner Procurement is the procurement of the owner supplied materials and subcontracted installations as defined by plans and specifications as designed by FCA Architecture and our Engineering Consultants.
- The fourth role and responsibility of Owner Procurement is accurately disseminate procurement of the owner supplied materials and subcontracted through subcontract “scope of work”, vendor and subcontractor submittals and shop drawings.
- The fifth role and responsibility of Owner Procurement is to improve the four aforementioned through creative means and methods.
Wrote policy for Information required to process subcontracts for Owner Procurement at Kick-off.
Requested in writing a job offer proposal and clear job description.
Resolved and replaced damaged sign at Columbia project that was damaged in storm.
Obtained Verde Butterfly (polished and flamed) for NW San Antonio and Parker Projects.
Scan and archived all Owner Procurement documents.
Directed field staff at the NW San Antonio project to replace missing and or lost/stolen items that were not verified as being received by delivery slips when originally delivered to the project site.
Procure, Granite, Acoustical wall panels, window blinds, toilet partitions and accessories for corporate office.
Wrote procedure for Owner Procurement vendors to write Purchase Orders for Design and Development drawings at Construction Kick Off.
Attended Crucial Conversations training at my own expense.
Purchase Awning for Parker site without approved city drawings per
Directed Tile Division in resolving outstanding items with the Remodel Division.
Started Daily three priority check in via email for Tile Division.
Started processing installation subcontracts for Cabinetry Division
Visited NW San Antonio project, Directed site with Kitchen equipment MP&E rough in locations, and Owner Procurement questions. Met with JMS limestone tile supplier to discuss 2008 product.
Visited NW Project project, Directed site with Kitchen equipment MP&E rough in locations, and Owner Procurement questions. Met with Eldorado Climbing wall manufacturer and discussed changes to exterior wall. Met with Granite installer and discussed resolutions with granite supply.
Directed field staff at the Parker project to replace missing and or lost/stolen items that were not verified as being received by delivery slips when originally delivered to the project site.
Reviewed and red lined all Owner Procured specifications
Reviewed Rockville budget and Owner Procurement buy out and saved $ 650K on project
Met with Innovent, LTF Engineering, and EP recommended changes to Variable Frequency fans on unit to offer potential energy cost $ 6K savings to club operations.
Requested accounting reports on all outstanding balance of all Owner Procurement Subcontractor and vendors.
Requested Project Management assistance to resolve all outstanding balances owned to Owner Supplied Subcontractors and Vendors, as all projects that opened in 2007 have outstanding FWD’s, Change Orders, and Pay Applications.
Requested from Architecture dates of when bulletins will be issued that contain all current information on shade structures.
Investigate and satisfactorily resolve Auto belay attachment engineering issue.
Offer letter of Manager Estimating and Owner Procurement signed by JM.